www.lumabakery.com is a site operated by Georgia Clegg, trading as Luma Bakery (registered Sole Trader in the United Kingdom) who can be contacted at [email protected] with questions regarding this Policy and use of your data.
Data acquired with consent
This website may collect the following information via its subscription forms:
How we use this data
To send you monthly promotional emails about products, tutorials, offers and other things that are relevant to your interest in Luma Bakery.
We ensure that at every point when consent is sought the user is made aware of:
- What data will be gathered;
- How their data will be used;
- The nature and frequency of the communication they should expect to receive;
- Steps they may take to later revoke that consent;
Data gathered by this website
We gather and use limited information about individuals who use this website. We use this information to provide products and services; to enable certain website functions; to better understand how visitors use this website; and to present timely and relevant information to visitors. It is in our legitimate interest to process this data for the following reasons:
- Our processing of this information enables us to create a better user experience for the user and improve our services and the products we offer;
- There is a very limited privacy impact on the user since the information we gather does not identify them personally;
- You would reasonably expect us to use your data in this way;
- We think it improves your interaction with our website to keep consent requests to a minimum.
We may collect the following information:
- Website usage data;
- User data such as your IP address and details of your browser and device
We will not share your personal information with any other third-party unless we have your permission or the law requires us to.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed in accordance with the UK’s Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our service partners
We may use the following third-party service providers named below to process and store your data and information:
Mailchimp (The Rocket Science Group, LLC)
When someone visits www.lumabakery.com we use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Opt-out: Download the browser plugin “Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on” here.
We collect information about you during the checkout process on our store.
What we collect and store
While you visit our site, we’ll track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you products you’ve recently viewed;
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping.
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number and credit card/payment details. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order;
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints;
- Process payments and prevent fraud;
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes;
- Improve our store offerings;
We store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it.
We accept payments through PayPal. When processing payments, some of your data will be passed to PayPal, including information required to process or support the payment, such as the purchase total and billing information.
Amazon Affiliates - OneLink
This website contains Amazon Affiliate links. OneLink is a system by which, when a link is clicked, Amazon endeavours to direct you to your native storefront. In order to do this, a line of code has been placed on each page of the website known as oneTag.
oneTag receives the following:
Full IP address, which is used for fraud detection and traffic quality. For all other internal uses related to oneTag functions, such as OneLink, the IP address is truncated.
Pseudonymized identifiers such as Cookie IDs and Mobile Advertising Identifiers. These identifiers are used by Amazon Associate systems for a variety of purposes including to recognize a user pseudonymously: (1) for fraud detection and traffic quality, and (2) to provide oneTag’s services, including OneLink.
How we protect your data
We endeavour to protect your data by following security procedures like using strong passwords, keeping passwords safe, using Two-Factor Authentication where possible and only sharing necessary personal data with reputable third parties who also take data protection seriously.
How to make a request about your data
You can contact us to ask us what data we hold about you, who has access to it and how it is being used. We will also delete any data about you that we hold if you ask us to.
To make a request please contact our Data Controller, Georgia Clegg at [email protected]
What are cookies?
What are cookies used for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For technical purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online transactions and site navigation.
- To enable Luma Bakery to collect information about your browsing and shopping patterns, including to monitor the success of advertising campaigns, for example.
How do I disable cookies?
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use.
Links to external websites
Our website may contain links to other websites. We have no control of websites outside of lumabakery.com. We are not responsible for the content of other websites, or for the protection or privacy of data you submit to them.
Updated 3rd April 2020.